Additionally, a mate works in a recording studio. Junglist Shy FX is currently busy there and, after some light badgering, the producer has said that he'll ask his manufacturer/distributor about whether I can get hold of some non-retail vinyl formats. I'm particularly interested in getting some unpressed vinyl while developing this idea of the 'blank' or unplayable format.
20/08/2010
Formats (continued)
I spoke to Will Bankhead (of Mo Wax and Honest Jons fame) via email this week. Aside from picking his brains about "the cultural value of specific formats" and other academic stuff relevant to this study, I was also keen to know where he gets his Trilogy Tapes releases manufactured. He passed on the contact and they've since said that they should be able to supply me with a few of their very nice products [see below]: even in the kind of miniscule numbers I need in order to start playing around. They also have a selection of CD and DVD packaging alternatives that might be good to experiment with.
Additionally, a mate works in a recording studio. Junglist Shy FX is currently busy there and, after some light badgering, the producer has said that he'll ask his manufacturer/distributor about whether I can get hold of some non-retail vinyl formats. I'm particularly interested in getting some unpressed vinyl while developing this idea of the 'blank' or unplayable format.

Additionally, a mate works in a recording studio. Junglist Shy FX is currently busy there and, after some light badgering, the producer has said that he'll ask his manufacturer/distributor about whether I can get hold of some non-retail vinyl formats. I'm particularly interested in getting some unpressed vinyl while developing this idea of the 'blank' or unplayable format.
Labels:
Design,
Formats,
Tapes,
Unplayable
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment