Some of them have been out there for a while and have braved the elements. I noticed that a few have started to deteriorate and wondered if these might be useful in terms of 'unplayable' media. The silver is what's left of the contents but is completely useless. Maybe this kind of representation also fits in with all those reports I've posted about the death of the CD. Especially should these be overprinted to further the idea of a physical music item being about carrying something other than the sound files.
15/08/2010
Garden discs
Speaking of odd, my mum had suggested that I use CDs in the garden to stop the local cats using the flower beds as a litter tray. Apparently, the reflected light spooks them. So I've had some out there for a while (with limited success) although my niece - not realising their purpose - thought that they looked really good: twinkling away and that.
Some of them have been out there for a while and have braved the elements. I noticed that a few have started to deteriorate and wondered if these might be useful in terms of 'unplayable' media. The silver is what's left of the contents but is completely useless. Maybe this kind of representation also fits in with all those reports I've posted about the death of the CD. Especially should these be overprinted to further the idea of a physical music item being about carrying something other than the sound files.

Some of them have been out there for a while and have braved the elements. I noticed that a few have started to deteriorate and wondered if these might be useful in terms of 'unplayable' media. The silver is what's left of the contents but is completely useless. Maybe this kind of representation also fits in with all those reports I've posted about the death of the CD. Especially should these be overprinted to further the idea of a physical music item being about carrying something other than the sound files.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment