16/08/2010

Sketchbooks

I completed a previous music-oriented project by churning out the development work as 12" x 12" prints before binding and slotting into a record sleeve. Today I revisited the idea to create a couple of sketchbooks for this project - albeit while taking inspiration for the book I used as part of the last MA project. There I collected pages from old books while here I've cut up a selection of second-hand record sleeves. I also drilled a hole through the midle so that it emulated the vinyl format but I actually like how this adds continuity should you flick through. Now I just need to fill the things with ideas: i.e. the hard bit.










2 comments:

  1. Hi Danny,

    I really like this it looks great (that before you put any content in to it!!!).

    I was looking through the Stagmeister book today and it has loads of references to music in CD format but there are soem really good ideas in there - have you seen it? If not I will bring it along on Wednesday if you like?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave but I've already got it [it is the one with the dog on the front - right?].

    Bloody Sagmeister though: you get half an idea that you consider developing and he already did it twice as fancy ten years ago.

    See you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete